At the first of the month, Zynga launched Treasure Isle on Facebook. The game has an undeniable resemblance to zSlide’s Treasure Madness, but the fact that it comes from a much more widely known company seems to have made Facebook gamers avoid acknowledging that fact and jump right in anyway.
As reported by Inside Social Games, in the first five days of the game’s existence, Treasure Isle racked up over three million players. All told, Zynga’s games lay claim to over 63 million daily active players, proving that, for the most part, the FarmVille creator knows how to create games that the masses want to play, regardless if they take suggestions for gameplay elements from other titles – even FarmVille was created using elements from the Facebook game Farm Town, as an example.
Interestingly, Zynga’s predecessor for Treasure Isle, Poker Blitz, has yet to find the same burst in growth, having reached just over 1.2 million players in its first three weeks of availability. Is poker that much of an acquired taste, or is the repetition of Treasure Isle just that much more appealing? Let us know your thoughts in the comments – have your tried either of Zynga’s newest games?
- Monkey Palace is Now Open in Treasure Isle – Play to Win A Million Island Cash!
- Level Up in Mafia Wars – Gain a Free Fruit in Treasure Isle
- Treasure Isle Gets Zynga Messaging Center
- Thursday Throwdown: Treasure Madness or Treasure Isle? You Decide
- Let Zynga Know Your Favorite Treasure Isle Treasures