Have you ever wished your FarmVille efforts were actually generating some food? They can, starting tonight: Zynga has issued a press release announcing the start of a Haiti Relief Fund, with limited edition goods available for purchase in FarmVille, Mafia Wars, and Zynga Poker. 100% of proceeds from these virtual sales will be donated towards the World Food Programme, translating into desperately needed food and supplies for victims of the Haiti earthquake.
Mark Pincus, CEO of Zynga, stated, “The devastation in Haiti is unimaginable, and anything we or our users can do is tiny compared to the utter loss for this nation.” That being said, Zynga users have already generated $1.2 million for the relief effort, and every bit helps.
Get farming, folks. Those crops have important places to be.
- Zynga’s Virtual Goods Drive Raises $1.5 Million for Haiti Relief
- AppRelief Raises Haiti Relief Funds with Games
- Pet Society’s “Help for Haiti” Plushie Continues Disaster Relief Plan
- Hello Kitty Online Holds In-Game Food Collection Event for Haiti Relief
- The WFP Thanks FarmVille for Their Help in Haiti Disaster Relief