FarmVille developer Zynga has announced that it has acquired Austin-based Facebook developer Challenge Games. Terms of the deal were not disclosed, but Challenge Games’ chief executive Andrew Busey and his 35 employees will immediately begin working with Zynga’s Austin studio, reports Inside Social Games.
Challenge Games has been known best for its card-themed fantasy game Warstorm, which has over a half million monthly active users. It has another titles such as Ponzi, Inc., Gridiron Live Football, and other lesser known titles.
Zynga has been on the acquisition-trail of late, picking up XPD Media two weeks ago. Anyone want to take any bets on who Zynga acquires next?
- Terms of Zynga/Challenge Games Deal Disclosed Through SEC Filing
- Zynga 8 Game Challenge – $24,000 Giveaway in 24 Hours!
- Zynga Acquires Conduit Labs; Music Pets Closing
- PetVille Messy Pet Challenge, Cafe World Game Cards – Zynga Game Updates!
- Facebook Sports Games Leave the Field Wide Open for FIFA Superstars, Madden