TriplePoint client, Gamedoctors just announced an upcoming iPhone game that will have you groaning for more (mindless fun, that is) – ZombieSmash! is slated for release in March 2010 for $1.99. This gory game is pure mindless fun, featuring sophisticated ragdoll physics that use the SplatterEngine for hilariously unparalleled blood-splattering action.
Think Ragdoll Blaster meets Dawn of the Dead… with multiple gameplay modes, sweet graphics, social features and a fancy, original soundtrack.
I’m looking forward to tip-tapping my way to ZombieSmash! victory soon. Are you ready for some newfangled old-fashioned fun? Check out the full announcement with more details below (via VerticalWire), and here’s the ZombieSmash! debut trailer courtesy of IGN:
With Amusing Ragdoll Physics, the SplatterEngine™ Gore Simulator, and Irresistible Art Direction, iPhones Everywhere will be Infected this March
Gamedoctors, an independent game development studio, today announced ZombieSmash!, an undead-themed castle defense game for the iPhone and iPod Touch that casts players as Joey, a lone survivor pit against a herd of writhing, unrelenting zombies. To defeat the undead masses, players must use their fingers to flick and smash them until they’re un-undead.
Set to hit the App Store in March 2010 for $1.99, ZombieSmash! has a compelling cartoon art style, addictive gameplay, and zombies. Some of the game’s imaginative features include:
- Sophisticated ragdoll physics produce unique and hysterical zombie deaths, and the proprietary SplatterEngine™ renders adorable cartoon blood and gore in a convincing and entertaining fashion.
- To aid players in their fight, over 20 specials allow for creative zombie demolition – including fun implements like asteroids, wrecking balls, liquid nitrogen and a gigantic, rolling boulder – combine specials (for instance, smash nitrogen-frozen zombies with a boulder!) for added hilarity.
- Three game modes provide limitless replay value: Campaign Mode challenges players to survive for 31 intense days against the mounting zombie threat, Endless Siege Mode confronts them with a never-ending zombie assault, and Sandbox Mode gives you all the tools to rain destruction down on those stinking, moaning zombies without any of the peril.
- Social features including Chillingo’s Crystal and Playhaven for online and community support, and the ability to share screenshots of your best ZombieSmashing moments!
- Original soundtrack produced by famed game music composer Chris Hülsbeck, the talented musician behind the scores to classic games like Turrican, Giana Sisters and the Star Wars: Rogue Squadron series.
“Like you, we at Gamedoctors have a love/hate relationship with Zombies. We hate their brain-eating ways, their incessant moaning, and don’t get us started on the stink – but we love shooting, smashing, dismembering and otherwise causing them harm with dangerous weapons and explosives!” said Dr. Matthias Höchsmann, co-founder of Gamedoctors. “With that in mind, we set out to develop ZombieSmash!, a fun and creative castle defense game that we think has the potential to spawn an entirely new genre: Survival Comedy.”