I may be unclear on what motivates zombies. Generally, I get the idea their thought process starts and ends with “acquire delicious brains,” but apparently now revenge has entered the equation. Revenge for what? For having to be zombies? Technically, though, in Zombie Tycoon 2: Brainhov’s Revenge, the only party specifically noted as needing/wanting revenge is this Professor Brainhov fellow, and he doesn’t seem to personally be a zombie. Nor are the tycoons; they simply seem to utilize zombies for fun and profit. I don’t know if TriplePoint client Frima Studio is making a dark and witty allegory for corporate culture or not, but they plan on releasing Zombie Tycoon 2 for PS3 and Vita with or without my understanding.
From the press release:
The future of the zombie race is at stake as rogue apprentice Orville Tycoon and his heavy-duty zombies face off against his vengeful former mentor Professor Brainhov and his new breed of frantic, agile undead. Choose a side and unleash your hordes to decide once and for all what type of zombie will inherit the scorched earth.
Players can look forward to:
- Well-balanced RTS gameplay with four special monster (hero) units to keep things fresh.
- Cross Buy enabled on the PS3 and Vita. Buy it once, play it anywhere!
- A single player campaign featuring both zombie factions.
- Strategic, 1v1 online deathmatches between PS3 and Vita players with Cross Play technology.
- The return of favorite characters such as Professor Tycoon, Dr. Brainhov and, of course, hordes of silly zombies.
- Brain-boggling graphics powered by Unreal Engine 3.
The game’s coming out on April 30th. If it doesn’t, we will have our revenge.