Zynga isn’t letting the removal of Facebook application notifications get them down, as they have added another email subscription incentive item to one of their games. This time around, the app is YoVille, and the item in question is the Old World Globe.
The next time you login to YoVille, you should receive a popup that will lead you through the steps of signing up for the game’s newsletter, and subsequently receiving your free Globe, but if that isn’t the case, follow these simple steps, as reported by YoVille Lounge:
- When you sign in on FB, at the top, you have the home/profile and others, you have “Settings” there.
- Click on “Settings” then “Application Settings.”
- Select “edit settings” for YoVille.
- Check if you have signed up for mail. If you have not, you will get the option of signing up. (It might be in a box that pops up titled, “Additional Permissions” after the above step.)
- If you are already signed up, remove the authorization for emails to your email ID. Sign in on YoVille, and you will either get the pop-up or see the collectible in the store bar.
After completing those steps, your Globe will be waiting for you in your inventory. It’s worth noting that you have to sign up through Facebook in order to receive the item; it is unavailable at the game’s off-site portal. Additionally, the Globe is a one-user item, and is not allowed to be traded or gifted with other users, so if you want one for you own pad, you’ll have to sign up for the newsletter yourself to get it.