For those of us with massive herds of FarmVille livestock, it can take an awfully long time to go through the harvesting process, whether you harvest from your animals daily (where applicable), or wait until they are all ready to go at once. Actually, strike that – it “could” take a long time – no longer, as Zynga has tweaked the animal menu system (the small drop-down menu that was presented each time you clicked on an animal) to become inactive when an animal is ready to harvest.
Now, simply clicking on a “ready” animal will cause your avatar to harvest from them, or place them in the queue to be harvested from – no more of that “click on animal, wait for drop-down menu, select collect” business. It’s now a one-and-done clicking scenario for each and every animal.
It should be noted that if you’d like to rotate your animal, turn it from stationary to moving, or any other task that was normally presented in the drop-down menu, that you can still do those things to the animal – you just have to wait until it has been harvested, after which point the drop-down menu becomes active again.
Likewise, this change only affects animals outside of the animal storage buildings. If you’d like to collect from your dairy farm, chicken coop or horse stable, you’ll still have to click on the building and select “collect” from the drop-down menu that appears.
Regardless, this is a great time-saving tweak by Zynga – head over to your farm to see it in action.
- BREAKING: Build A Super Combine in FarmVille – Harvest, Plow, and Plant in One Click!
- FarmVille Updates: New England Items, New Mystery Game, Free Fuel, One-Click Animal Buildings
- Can You Collect All of the New Animals from the FarmVille Mystery Animal Box?
- Island Paradise Charms Allow for Instant Harvesting of Animals and Trees
- Level 5 Dog Tricks Now Available in FarmVille