As reported by Games.com, WorldWinner is hoping to bring true cash competitions to gaming on Facebook. WorldWinner is a subsidiary of the Game Show Network, and it already offers similar tournaments on its website. By putting up a dollar or more, players can compete with a randomly assigned opponent at a variety of games.
Some of the games available include Solitaire, Bejeweled, and Minesweeper. WorldWinner takes a small percentage of the winner’s prize, and the winner receives the rest.
WorldWinner has already launched on game on Facebook – DumbVille, a trivia game of sorts that tests both your general knowledge and your observational skills through timed challenges. WorldWinner president Peter Blacklow says that more game-show based titles will be hitting the Facebook gaming space this summer, but it’s not clear as of now whether they will be free to play, or will implement the cash competition system.
- Mahjongg Dimensions Cash Competitions, New Bonus Gifts – Arkadium Updates!
- Free Facebook Credits from PayNearMe: Buy Virtual Goods with Cash
- MocoSpace Aims to Bring Social Gaming to Smartphones
- Kingdom Hearts on Facebook, Mahjongg Dimensions Promotion – Facebook News Round-Up
- New Facebook Life at 50, King.com’s Partner Roles: Industry News