People have been using the MiFi or OverDrive offered from Verizon or Sprint to access the web and iTunes while not near their WiFi router or a hotspot. These simple cards only have one purpose: allow you to access the internet via WiFi using the 3G cell towers. The only problem is that the plans offered for these cards can be a bit expensive.
MediaBistro has reported on an alternative if you have a Windows Mobile smartphone. The combo essentially allows the iPad to piggy back off of the phone’s 3G connection and data plan. According to the article, the combo seems to only work on newer Windows Mobile devices but sounds like a neat alternative to the pricey 3G iPads that are coming soon.
- Windows Phone 7 Launch Rumors & R2-D2 Droid 2 Details – Mobile Monday Madness
- Windows Phone 7 Looking to be an Entertainment Powerhouse
- Windows Mobile Users: Virus Alert!
- New Windows Phone 7 Commercial & iOS 4.1 Release: Mobile Monday Madness
- Windows Phone 7 Apps & Sony Mocking iGames – Mobile Monday Madness