Welcome to this edition of Mobile Monday Madness! We wrap-up the latest mobile news so you can get on with your Monday. Today, we’re taking a look at the release date rumors circulating around Windows Phone 7, along with the final details before the launch of the special R2-D2 Edition Motorola Droid 2, which launches this Thursday.
Previous reports have pit October as generally when Windows Phone 7 would release, and just a few weeks ago Microsoft claimed that the software that powers WP7 was complete. So for now, it all comes down to when hardware makers can handle shipments of their supported devices.
While we’ll keep this in the rumor file for now, we’ll continue to keep you up to date on when this exciting new mobile OS can finally be had in your own hands.
If you’ve really been itching to get your hands on a Star Wars branded phone, be ready to pay up because Verizon has announced that it will be charging a stiff $249 for the new R2-D2 Motorola Droid 2 with a new 2 year contract and after a $100 mail in rebate.
However, for that rather high price compared to other phones, you receive a Star Wars dock for it, and it all comes in a funky box designed to look like the carbonite Han gets submerged in. Included on the phone itself are Star Wars themed wallpapers, sounds, photos, widgets and a binoculars app of unknown function.
The phone is scheduled to launch this Thursday, September 30th at your local Verizon store, so have a look there. I have to ask, who’s getting one?
- New Windows Phone 7 Commercial & iOS 4.1 Release: Mobile Monday Madness
- Windows Phone 7 Apps & Sony Mocking iGames – Mobile Monday Madness
- Slide to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, Droid Getting Android 2.2 This Week, Your Phone As A Credit Card: Mobile Monday Madness!
- Facebook NOT Building a Phone & Latest comScore Recap: Mobile Monday Madness
- Nexon Launches MapleStory on iPhone & Windows Phone Launch Titles – Mobile Game News