To those with Windows Mobile phones, watch what you’re installing lately. The malware attack comes from a pirated version of the 3D Anti-Terrorist game that makes $6 per minute phone calls to Antarctica. Unfortunately, this is a problem that is presented by an open mobile platform like Windows Mobile. In stark contrast, Apple would never allow a malicious app on their app store.
MediaBistro believes that the Apple app store could fall to malware due to the amount of apps submitted to it. The solution to not get this piece of malware for Windows Mobile is to simply not pirate this game, and just overall be more careful in what you download for open platforms such as Windows Mobile and Android.
- Half of iPad Users Use Windows Devices at Home
- Windows 8 and Electronic Arts: New Mobile Gaming Options Ahead?
- WMWiFiRouter Makes a Sweet 3G Couple out of Your Windows Mobile Phone and iPad
- Windows Phone 7 Apps & Sony Mocking iGames – Mobile Monday Madness
- Windows Phone 7 Launch Rumors & R2-D2 Droid 2 Details – Mobile Monday Madness