The well known and renowned Castlevania title Symphony of the Night of yesteryear appears to be making a sort of odd transition to the iPhone as a puzzle game in Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night. The concept and gameplay appear to borrow from the Puzzle Quest and Super Puzzle Fighter franchises quite a bit as well.
The story appears to somewhat remain the same in that you play as Alucard, looking to fight your way through Dracula’s Castle, but instead of swording or whipping the enemies to death, you fight them in an all out puzzle battle to the death. To successfully hit targets, you must match 3 blocks of the same color in a row.
While no date was given, we don’t have to hold out for too long as the game will apparently be out very soon. I personally can not wait to get my hands on some sweet Castlevania puzzle action.
- E3 2010: Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night Hands-On (iPhone)
- First Castlevania Puzzle: Encore of the Night Trailer Released
- iPhone Review Round-Up: StarDunk, Castlevania Puzzle, Doodle God
- Monster Dash & Puzzle Cosmos: iPhone Game Reviews
- Pocket Frogs & Blaze: Fire Puzzle – iPhone Game Reviews