Weather apps tend to be very boring and statistical on both the iPhone and iPad, but this has all changed with the launch of Weather HD from vimov (a TriplePoint client). Weather HD provides a fascinating local weather forecast in HD video and allows you to view this vibrant content from anywhere.
Weather HD’s extensive feature list includes:
• Current temperature, weather conditions, daily high and low, wind direction and speed, chance of rain, pressure and visibility.
• Tons of videos – the app responds dynamically to display all types of weather, from a clear morning to a midnight hailstorm.
• Daily forecast, and hourly forecast.
• Bookmark multiple cities, swipe between them.
• Gorgeous aesthetic shows off the iPhone 4’s Retina Display.
• Fahrenheit and Celsius modes.
• Universal app – iPhone version is a free update for all existing iPad users.
The New York Times has already raved about the Weather HD app saying, “It elevates the user, placing them at cloud level for a hushed real-time weather tableau that puts the Web’s goofy sunshine-rain-cloud icons to shame.” Along with that, General Manager of vimov said “I couldn’t agree more [with the New York Times]! If you have a dock for your iPhone or iPad, you might just leave Weather HD running all day at your desk. Don’t just check the weather, experience it in all its beauty!”
If you’d like to download Weather HD [iTunes Link] and check it out for yourself, it can be had on the iTunes App Store for just 99¢. However, we were lucky enough to score some extra codes to giveaway to our lucky readers! Here’s how to enter: Click this link to tweet the following message on Twitter:
I just entered to win Weather HD for iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch from @FriskyMongoose. You can too! Details here: http://goo.gl/tHlX
If you’d prefer, you may simply copy and paste the message to Twitter if you like. We will randomly select from those who Tweet the message and are following the official @FriskyMongoose account on Twitter. We will Twitter DM you the code if you win. The contest will end this Friday, so be sure to get ready and start tweeting now!