Warner Bros has acquired famed MMORPG developer Turbine who is responsible for the successful Lord of the Rings Online and Dungeons and Dragons Online. Both of these games have seen success with the latter recently going free-to-play and a huge player resurgence.
Joystiq pointed out that Warner Bros. has been on the acquisition trail recently having acquired Monolith, TT Games, Snowblind, Rocksteady and bits and pieces of what was left of Midway. Turbine is no stranger to WB having already made a deal in 2008 involving investments in the developer.
- Lord of the Rings Online Free To Play This Fall
- Mass Effect 2 Proves No Match for New Super Mario Bros. Wii
- Warner Bros. Interactive Announced as LEGO Universe Distribution Partner
- Makers of Game-Making Game Made Happy by Making it to 2,000 Games Made
- Foursquare Expands its Reach with New Media Partnerships