Welcome to another installment of the Casual Game Round-Up here on Frisky Mongoose. This time around, we see the announcement of the uDraw GameTablet for the Wii from THQ, and an announcement from MTV Games concerning new tracks for their upcoming Xbox 360 / Kinect game Dance Central.
uDraw GameTablet Coming to Wii This Holiday Season
THQ has announced the uDraw GameTablet accessory for the Nintendo Wii. The uDraw GameTablet isn’t a game itself, but is rather a gaming accessory. However, it will come bundled with a new game, uDraw Studio, which is a coloring, drawing, and otherwise are-based video game. The bundle will cost $69.99.
The uDraw GameTablet is a small, white, handheld tablet, containing a 4×6 inch drawing space, and a detachable, pressure-sensitive stylus, similar to that seen with the Nintendo DS. The tablet will enable users to control their drawings with more precision than using the standard Wii Remote. The Wii Remote itself docks inside the tablet, allowing it to draw its power directly from the Remote.
The uDraw GameTablet will feature tilt-and-roll movement options, and SD-card support, enabling players to save their creations for later viewing or editing.
In addition to uDraw Studio, two other games are being created with the tablet in mind – Pictionary and Dood’s Big Adventure. Both of these games will launch on the same day for $29.99 each.
THQ Executive Vice President Martin Good expressed his excitement over the tablet’s potential via a company press release:
We’ve designed the uDraw GameTablet to offer something for everyone: the kids can doodle, save their creations on an SD-Card and print their artwork for display on the refrigerator. Students can improve their skills through in-game tutorial lessons. And the whole family can sit down together for family game time with products like Pictionary.
While the tablet will be available in the States this holiday season, international markets, including Europe, will receive the tablet in early 2011.
Dance Central Track List Expands Via gamescom 2010
MTV Games and Harmonix have used gamescom 2010 as their outlet of choice for revealing more tracks in their upcoming (and hotly anticipated) Xbox 360 Kinect title Dance Central. The new tracks come from artists both old and new, ranging from Kool & the Gang to Cascada.
Here’s the new list of announced tracks:
- Basement Jaxx – “Rendez-Vu”
- Nelly Furtado – “Maneater”
- Benny Benassi – “Satisfaction”
- Nina Sky – “Move Ya Body”
- Cascada – “Evacuate the Dancefloor”
- Pitbull – “I Know You Want Me (Calle Ocho)
- Fannypack – “Hey Mami”
- Rihanna – “Pon de Replay”
- Kool & The Gang – “Jungle Boogie”
- Technotronic – “Pump Up the Jam”
- Kylie Minogue – “Can’t Get You Out of My Head”
Add to these the previously announced tracks, and the game is shaping up to include a little something for everyone, no matter the age. Here’s a list of the previously announced tracks:
- Beastie Boys – “Body Movin’ (Fatboy Slim Remix)”
- No Doubt – “Hella Good”
- Bell Biv DeVoe – “Poison”
- Salt-N-Pepa – “Push It”
- Lady Gaga – “Poker Face”
- Snoop Dogg/Pharrell – “Drop It Like It’s Hot”
- Lipps Inc – “Funkytown”
- Young MC – “Bust A Move”
- M.I.A. – “Galang ‘05”
Dance Central will introduce players to more than 650 different dance moves, through over 90 dance routines designed by professional choreographers. As an Xbox 360 title, users will be able to earn achievements, unlock new characters outfits, venues, and more, along with challenging their friends to multiplayer dance showdowns.
Dance Central will ship on November 4 in North America and on November 10 in Europe. We’ll be sure to bring you the latest news about the game as it is released.
- Nintendo Supports uDraw, Plants vs Zombies Shambles to DS – Casual Gaming Round-Up
- Casual Gaming Round-Up: Rock Band 3 & Dance Central Track Lists, King.com’s Letter Swap
- E3 2010: Dance Central Coming to Microsoft Kinect This Holiday
- E3 2010: A Look at Just Dance 2 (Wii)
- Rock Band 3 Track List, Keyboard Trailer; Dance Central Trailer – Harmonix Updates