A double dose of Prince of Persia is quite a lot to take in at one time with both a major motion picture and home video game hitting within the same period of time. Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time hits theaters this Friday which coincides with the release of the Prince of Persia Forgotten Sands game that just launched last week.
Even though there is plenty of Prince of Persia to take in right now, Ubisoft vows that they are nowhere near done with the franchise. In an interview with Industry Gamers, Graeme Jennings, producer of The Forgotten Sands sat down to discuss the future of the franchise.
When asked about the ‘Sands of Time’ trilogy, Jennings said: “We always planned to return to the Sands of Time Trilogy. In fact we started development onThe Forgotten Sands about two years ago while the 2008 version of Prince of Persia was still in production. This does not mean we cannot have other stories under the Prince of Persia name like we did in 2008. The great thing about 1,001 Arabian Nights is the ability to tell different stories about different people.”
That certainly sounds like we will be seeing more Prince of Persia, and likely more often than usually thought. If you’ve checked out the latest Prince of Persia game, let us know in the comments below.
- Prince of Persia Classic Coming to iPhone
- Prince of Persia Warrior Within Releasing June 3rd for iPhone
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Confirmed for iPhone: First Screens
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Gets Snagged on App Store’s Revolving Door
- iPhone Review Round-Up: Hero of Sparta II, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Gravity Hook HD