Tiki Resort developer Playdom asked for users to click “Like” on a particular post yesterday, and if 5,000 users clicked on the button, the developer would release the hotly anticipated third island in Tiki Resort.
They asked for 5,000 but they received over 21,000, and, true to their word, the developer has begun releasing the third island to all users in the game. This is a slow process, says Playdom, as the island will be “gradually” rolled out to all users over the next week.
If you’re one of the lucky few who have received the island already, you’ll be able to click on it from the map – the requirements to unlock it are quite substantial for anyone under level 30 (it unlocks for free at that point). To unlock the island earlier, you’ll need to pay 900,000 Shells and have at least 5 neighbors on your account. Either that, or you can pay 49 Facebook Credits to unlock the island instantly – around $5 US.
Head over to the game’s page to see if you’re one of the few that have been given access to unlock island 3 in the game.
- You Can Now Have a Second Island in Tiki Resort
- Playdom Adds a Slew of Second Island Attractions to Tiki Resort
- Thursday Throwdown Results: Fans Put Tiki Resort on Top of Happy Island [UPDATE]
- New Tiki Resort Charms Will Boost Your Island’s Tourist Count
- Thursday Throwdown: Tiki Resort or Happy Island? You Decide