G.I.R.L. aims to bring more women into the industry and overall encourage the creation of more women-friendly games. Liu, who is a student at Art Center College of Design, won the competition with an application that included concept art for a new EverQuest II environment and boss character. In addition to two pieces of concept art, finalists were required to submit a 500-word essay.
According to Gamasutra, Liu said, “I worked hard on my submission and am very proud of what I accomplished for this competition. This opportunity will help me a long way in my career so I can’t wait to get started!”
- Sony Online Entertainment Brings PoxNora to Facebook
- GDC Online To Host First Annual Game Developers Choice Online Awards
- FarmVille Wins “Best New Social/Online Game” at Game Developers Choice Awards
- Sony Online Announces New Kid Friendly Star Wars MMOG
- Students: Apply Now for the Official Penny Arcade Scholarship