The Shorty Awards acknowledge the best minds in many fields, such as literature, journalism, politics and even humor, along with detailing the best art, apps, and advertising, among other officially recognized categories.
The announcement, according to WebNewser, comes with a reminder for Twitter users to hurry and place their last minute votes for several community driven categories (that tend to be more casual in nature – best blogger or funniest poster on Twitter, as examples), as voting ends this Friday.
For those unfamiliar with the voting process, here are the two basic formats for tweeting your nominations:
“I nominate @TwitterUser for a Shorty Award in #category because…(add reason here).”
“#shortyawards @username #category (add quick reason here).”
Be sure to add a reason for your vote with each tweet, or else your vote will not be counted. Once you pick a person and reason however, feel free to vote as many times as you would like between now and Friday. Just remember that your followers will be seeing every nomination you post, so beware of spamming them in your excited voted frenzy.
- Vote Now For 2nd Annual Great Game Awards and Win a Trip to Casual Connect
- GDC Online To Host First Annual Game Developers Choice Online Awards
- 360|iDev to be Held This April for iPhone Development Community
- Apple Design Awards Winners Announced
- 6th Annual Games For Health Conference Comes to Boston