What do you get when you turn square tiles into hexagons? Pure awesomeness, in the form of a new iPhone crossword game, HexaLex. TriplePoint client and independent developer, Nathan Gray, just released version 2.0 of HexaLex, reshaping the traditional Scrabble board and bending the rules to create a new experience for crossword lovers, Words with Friends fans, and anyone looking for a hexagonal chit-chatty challenge.
Imagine Scrabble but on a hexagonal board with hexagonal letter tiles so you can play words in three directions…
HexaLex 2.0 introduces new social features, including online multiplayer modes, Facebook integration, a friend finder, medals and achievements; in addition to iOS 4 support.
This is a big publisher quality word game from one man, who has devoted the past 2 years to improving the classic Scrabble experience, and raising the bar for word gamers.
“The single-player game got great reviews from users but we all know there’s nothing like slamming a 72-point triple-word bingo on your know-it-all buddy,” said Gray. “Given the enthusiasm iPhone gamers have shown for Words With Friends and Scrabble, I’m confident we’ll have a community of enthusiastic HexaLexers in short order.”
- Frisky Hands-On: Hexalex for iPhone + Free Download Code Giveaway!
- Words With Friends Gets Bigger on the iPad
- iPhone Review Round-Up: Hexalex, Star Wars: Battle for Hoth, Golf Putt Pro
- Scrabble Now Allowing Proper Nouns in the UK
- Pocket God Comic, Office Heroes, HexaLex, Thumb Wars & Sketch Nation: TriplePoint Tuesday