Mattel has announced that they will be bringing the use of Proper Nouns to “add a new dimension” to the 72-year-old game. This is a rather shocking revelation because it will change how the game is played entirely. According to many Scrabble purists, this is a “dumbing down” of the classic game. The new version is titled “Scrabble Trickster” and will not replace the original.
Mattel commented by saying “This is one of a number of twists and challenges included that we believe existing fans will enjoy and will also enable younger fans and families to get involved.” However, the old rules will still apply in the original version of the game.
North Americans will not see the new version of Scrabble as it is only currently announced in the UK. I suppose my monster of a word, Snuffaluffagus, will have to wait.
- Scrabble, Words with Friends Addicts Seek New Shape with HexaLex on iPhone
- Scrabble Launches on Kindle, Verizon Data Going Tiered – Mobile News
- iPad Hands-On Videos featuring Scrabble, Asphalt 5 and Jimmy Fallon Takes A Sneak Peek
- Words With Friends Gets Bigger on the iPad
- R-Type Coming to iPhone, First Screens Emerge