Canadian carrier Sasktel, in an announcement about their new 3G network, revealed that the new iPhone will be coming in June 2010. The CEO of Sasktel, Robert Watson commented:
“The good news is that (Apple (NSDQ: AAPL)) is coming out with a new version of the iPhone in the June time-frame and they’re going to put us on that. So we’re quite excited about that.”
This just about confirms what every rumor has said so far, which is that a new iPhone is indeed coming in June. It probably wasn’t the best idea for Sasktel to let this out of the bag so early but this at least confirms everyone’s suspicions.
I suppose the only question left is what the new iPhone will offer. Front-facing camera? Widgets? New design? We shall see come June.
- Apple Unveiling New iPhone June 22nd?
- iPhone News Wrap-Up: iPhone 4 Now Available in Canada and Apple Looking Into iPhone 3G iOS4 Issues
- How Twitter Responded to the iPhone 4 Launch
- iPhone News Round-Up: Free Cases Now Available, White iPhone 4 Delayed, T-Mobile This Fall?
- New DSi XL Colors, Price Drops in Japan & U.K.