Just a few months ago in May 2009, Digital Sky Technologies put over $200 million into Facebook for 1.96 percent stake in the social network. Now, with another $200 million in common shares ($14.77 each), DST has increased its stake in Facebook to 5 percent total (with $400 million total invested).
Zynga is reported to have ~$250 million a year in revenue, claiming over 100 million unique users each month. The social game company has pulling in funding fast and furiously this year – total investment funding to-date is now at $219 million for the Mafia Wars maker. Experts estimate Zynga is currently worth anywhere from $1.5 billion to $3 billion.
If you’re looking to take a billion dollar bet on social networks and social gaming, Facebook and Zynga aren’t bad places to start.
- Zynga Rakes in Another Round of $15.1 Million in Investor Fun(ding)
- Google Invests $100 Million in Zynga, Google Games Launching Soon
- CrowdStar Takes #2 Spot, City of Wonder is Top City-Builder – Facebook News
- China’s Tencent Dominated Facebook in Revenue in 2009
- Digital Chocolate Receives New Round of Funding