SoftBank has been investing in many small companies that are looking to take their business on the web and is continuing with this approach in its latest move in investing $10 million into RockYou, reports Inside Social Games.
RockYou has received several rounds of funding, with a good $50 million chunk coming from SoftBank already. In the press release announcing this new round of funds, RockYou also announced that it now has a majority stake in its Asian branch called RockYou Asia. RockYou Asia develops applications and games for most of the eastern Asian markets.
RockYou is a major Facebook developer that has recently taken a social path with its new developments. The latest move is to expand its share in Asia and with the investment from SoftBanks, their dream may become a reality.
- Frosmo Brings In-Game Tournament System to Asian Market
- Google Invests $100 Million in Zynga, Google Games Launching Soon
- RockYou Expands Team and Announces New Key Hires
- RockYou Launches Official Zoo World Blog, Gives Away Free Vitamins!
- Bambi Available In PetVille; Asian Isles in Treasure Isle – Zynga Updates!