RockYou, a TriplePoint client, just announced new key hires this week. Katrina Osio joined RockYou’s executive team as SVP of Marketing and John Yoo was appointed as Creative Director for an unannounced game from RockYou’s Redwood City studio. The company’s new leaders are planning to assist in driving RockYou’s goals to expand their portfolio of high-quality social games and grow their in-game ad network.
Katrina Osio will oversee user acquisition for RockYou’s games and will also manage the company’s corporate communications, branding and product marketing. Prior to joining the team, Katrina gained over a decade of experience in the interactive space at AOL, Time Warner, Sidebar and Fastpoint Games.
John Yoo spent several years in the social and online gaming space. He was the design lead for Zynga’s CityVille and also played a role in developing Blizzard’s World of Warcraft. Yoo also has experience in the development of Star Trek Online, City of Heroes, City of Villains and Earth Eternal.
- RockYou Invests in Asian Market with $10 Million from SoftBank
- RockYou Announces Eventual Changes to Collecting Profits in Zoo World
- RockYou to Introduce New Island Feature to Zoo World
- RockYou Launches Official Zoo World Blog, Gives Away Free Vitamins!
- Playdom Announces Acquisition of Metaplace, Inc.