The most social aspect of Rock Band which was revealed last year known as Rock Band Network is now officially ready for primetime. MTV is promoting it by saying that it is designed to allow independent or unknown musicians to get their music in the game.
The program allows these independent musicians the chance to create and sell their own tracks through the network. The network itself has been in beta for several months, allowing artists and players alike to test out the system before today. Artists that sign up for it are allowed multiple pricing tiers and 30% commission on each track sold.
Already more than 100 tracks are for sale and much more are on the way as more bands see the potential of the service. Not only are independent bands and labels allowed to sell on the new Network but commercial bands as well that are not already available.
- Harmonix and MTV Games Launch Rock Band Network Affiliates Program
- Accelerando Studios Wants to Help Bring Your Music to Rock Band
- Harmonix/MTV Games and T-Mobile Launch Emerging Artist Contest in Rock Band
- Rock Band and T-Mobile Have Found Their Artist of the Month
- And the Next Rock Band/T-Mobile Artist of the Month is…