While Jake Gyllenhaal’s latest adventure into the movie-video game adaption universe appears to be going well, the same can not be said for the iPhone release of Prince of Persia: The Warrior Within. The game went live yesterday for a few hours before being pulled because users were experiencing glitches with the menus.
The description of the game while it was on the store read: “Let the Warrior Within take over your iPhone/iPod touch! One of the most anticipated video game franchises is finally available on the App Store. Hunted down by the Empress of Time, you’ll embark on a pirate ship and visit accursed palaces to triumph over evil.”
TheAppEra outlined the features of the game as follows:
- Graphics optimized to push the technical capabilities of the iPhone.
- Enjoy an explosive mixture of intense fighting moves for an impressive level of quality for character animations.
- All the cinematics and voices from the console version will make you experience a great adventure in a fascinating world.
- 12 beautiful chapters in ancient palaces sheltering dozens of enemies
- Many enigmas and sinister traps to outsmart
- Hunted down by the Empress of Time, you will have to confront your destiny alone, fight legions of enemies and face all the ancient fears of humanity to survive. Embark on a pirate ship or visit accursed palaces and triumph over evil.
- Explore a mysterious island with fascinating environments that will immerse you in a thrilling game experience.
The game was up long enough for at least a few of you out there to buy it. If you were able to snag it, don’t hesitate to share your thoughts in the comments below.
- Prince of Persia Warrior Within Releasing June 3rd for iPhone
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Confirmed for iPhone: First Screens
- iPhone Review Round-Up: Hero of Sparta II, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Gravity Hook HD
- Prince of Persia Classic Coming to iPhone
- Ubisoft Definitely Not Done With Prince of Persia