TheAppera is now reporting that yet another version of Prince of Persia is headed to the iPhone and low and behold, it’s the retro version. This news comes on top of the upcoming release of Prince of Persia: Warrior Within for iPhone as well.
The description of this classic version reads: “A wicked Vizier has given the Sultan’s daughter a horrible ultimatum: accept to marry him in 60 minutes, or die. You have been imprisoned in the lowest dungeons beneath the palace, and must now race against the sands of the hourglass in an effort to save your true love.”
The game’s feature include the same classic version that is around 20 years old with fluid control, animation and level design. “Experience an adventure that will enthrall first-time players and seasoned veterans alike.”, Sharing progress via Facebook with easy integration, and Touchpad controls using the iPhone’s touchscreen.
Price is unknown, however Theappera did speculate that the game will release on May 29th, just two days after the release of the movie.
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Confirmed for iPhone: First Screens
- Prince of Persia Warrior Within Releasing June 3rd for iPhone
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within Gets Snagged on App Store’s Revolving Door
- Ubisoft Definitely Not Done With Prince of Persia
- iPhone Review Round-Up: Hero of Sparta II, Prince of Persia Warrior Within, Gravity Hook HD