As part of a promotional deal to promote the release of Steam for Mac, Valve has announced that Portal will be available for free until May 29th on both PC and Mac. The page where the deal is being promoted states:
“Portal used to cost money. Until May 24th, it’s free. End of story. Well, technically speaking, there are some strings attached. Fortunately, they’re entirely decorative. We just like the way they look, swaying in the gentle breeze created by a million people simultanously fainting from shock at the news that Portal is free. Now you have no reason not to try Portal.”
“I have a reason,” some of you are probably typing into an angry email. “You see, sir, I own a Mac.”
Well guess what: For the first time ever, Portal is also available for the Mac.
“Capitol news! But the excellent puzzle adventure Portal won over 40 Game of the Year awards; Surely it must cost at least five or six hundred dollars.”
There you have it, so I would recommend going out and grabbing yourself some Portal goodness before May 24th.
- Valve Announces Steam for Mac Plans & Launch Titles
- Valve Delays Portal 2, Admits Making Games is Hard
- Free Demos With Your OnLive Subscription
- Casual Connect Round-Up: Family Feud Partners With WildTangent, hi5 Launches New Developer Portal
- Valve’s Big Apple Future: What We Can Expect Out of Steam for Mac