Today, PopCap announced launch details surrounding the iPad version of their incredibly popular Plants vs. Zombies. Plants vs. Zombies HD is available for $9.99 on the App Store, with the game offering all 50 levels (in both Adventure and Quick Play modes) seen in the iPhone version of the game. The iPad version will also include the Survival mode from the original PC game.
The iPad version of Plants vs. Zombies includes exclusive new content, like four new achievements to earn (that brings the total to 17), and 18 mini-games including “Buttered Popcorn,” which allows you to attack zombies by first “buttering” them up by tapping on their heads, before you launch corn-cob cannons at them, hitting up to 11 zombies at a time.
“The iPad is a fantastic platform for gaming, and Plants vs. Zombies HD allows us to show off the great new features and functionality of this exciting device,” said Andrew Stein, director of mobile business development at PopCap, via a company press release. “In this adaptation, we’ve focused on the iPad’s Multi-Touch capabilities and opportunities for new gameplay like the Buttered Popcorn mini-game that will excite both new and current players.”
- PopCap Releases Plants vs Zombies for Xbox Live Arcade: A Frisky Hands-On
- iPhone Version of Plants vs. Zombies Now Set for a February Release
- Play Plants vs. Zombies with 11 Fingers on the iPad
- iPhone & iPad Game News: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel, Fruit Ninja HD, Pocket Frogs
- Plants vs. Zombies Sequel Announced