Playfish has launched the official fan page for what appears to be their newest Facebook game, Pirates Ahoy. We’ve been given little more at this point than a simply description of the game, which describes the game as such:
Set sail on a swashbuckling adventure in Pirates Ahoy! the new game from Playfish! Take to the seas in your ship with all your friends to search for treasures beyond your wildest dreams! Do battle with sea monsters on your travels, find maps to buried treasure, and build your very own treasure island, the most shipshape pirate haven of them all! Are you game for some pirate fun?
From the description, the game sounds like this might be Playfish’s attempt to cash in on the highly successful Treasure Isle market, what with the “buried treasure” and “treasure island” aspects of it all. However, the prospect of battling monsters does leave some room for a variance in the gameplay, so perhaps it won’t be that comparable after all.
We’ll be sure to bring you more news concerning Pirates Ahoy, including an in-depth first look at the game when it launches, as the game becomes available.
- Frisky Hands-On: Playfish Officially Launches Pirates Ahoy! on Facebook
- Playfish’s Pirates Ahoy! on Facebook: Frisky Hands-On Video
- Set Sail for the Battle Arena in Pirates Ahoy!
- Pirates Ahoy! Cheats, Tips, Tricks and Strategies to Plunder Booty and Rule the Seas!
- Pirates Have Landed in Treasure Isle