This week Chocolatier: Sweet Society, PlayFirst’s Facebook foray, has received a large update that has the game returning to the franchise’s roots. If you played either of the PC versions of Chocolatier, and then tried C:SS, you may have been wondering why the wealth of recipes and the chocolate making mini-game weren’t included. Well you’re in luck, because now they are!
The recipe book was greatly expanded this week, adding recipes like Coffee Cinnamon Truffles and Milk Chocolate Squares. The book also received a balance treatment; lower level recipes now take a shorter time to cook, some as low as 15 minutes. This is still a little awkward as some recipes, like the Raspberry Bars, only produce a very small amount now. Some more balancing is in order down the line, I think, but it’s definitely off to a good start.
A new feature has appeared called the Factory Optimizer. This is the chocolate mini-game from the original Chocolatier (yay!), challenging the player to shoot chocolate ingredients into spinning containers in the right order. The Optimizer offers three difficulty levels and has a greater purpose: doing well at the game will give your currently running machines a productivity bonus. This allows you create more chocolates for no extra money. Plan wisely, because you can only play the game once a day. You can try your hand at the new mini-game in Chocolatier: Sweet Society here.
- Satisfy Your Sweet Tooth With Chocolatier On Facebook
- Don’t Miss Free White Chocolate Truffles in Chocolatier: Sweet Society
- Get Free Chocolates From Your Friends In Chocolatier
- Help Your Friends For Fun and Profit in Chocolatier: Sweet Society
- Casual Gaming Round-Up: PlayFirst Officially Launches Chocolatier on Facebook, Big Fish Celebrates One Billion Downloads & hi5 Looks to Take on Facebook