Advertising drives a lot of the free games we play and both the advertisers and game developers know this. Playdom, who makes such popular Facebook games as Tiki Farm and Social City have struck a deal with advertiser WildTangent. Here’s the best part: Looking at ads will benefit you.
Once the ads go live, the service will use BrandBoost which rewards you for viewing ads. If you choose to view the ad, you have the chance of earning a premium item or a new game to play. I am not usually a fan of advertising in my games but actually having a benefit for it is something I can get behind.
- WildTangent’s BrandBoost Ad Platform Will Change Advertising in Social Games
- Advertising Updates from Zynga
- Casual Connect Round-Up: Family Feud Partners With WildTangent, hi5 Launches New Developer Portal
- Casual Connect Round-Up: WildTangent Announces Games Service, REALNetworks Partners With Live Gamer
- Ads on Twitter, Starting Now