You’ll play the game as such – nine closed baskets will be placed in front of you. You’ll have to click on each one individually, with the goal being to find gems inside – more often than not, however, you’ll find bundles of coins, which seem to range from 5 to 50. Baskets can also be empty, or contains Clean Bombs or Flowers. The game ends when you click on a basket that contains a snake.
You start out with three unused genie lamps, and each time you play the game, you lose one lamp. If you can open all of the baskets without clicking on the snake, you earn a Bonus Play, resetting the board for free.
Once you run out of lamps, you’re left with a few options. You can either buy lamps outright for 2 Pet Cash per lamp, or you ask your friends for lamps by posting a news item to your wall that will let you friends click on a link to send you a lamp, and also receive one for themselves in the process.
You’ll be able to play the game until you collect all 12 of the Genie’s gems, at which point he will grant you a wish – we’ll know more about what this wish is exactly after we’ve had more time to play the game ourselves. In the meantime, head over to the game’s page to give Genie Gems a try.
- Receive Free Items for Purchasing Pet Cash or Coins in PetVille
- PetVille Now Offers Additional Ways to Earn Free Coins
- How to Earn Coins and Love Points in PetVille
- Build A Relic, Apes of the Ages Maps, Giftable Gems – Treasure Isle Updates!
- PetVille Weekly: Diamond Disco Fashion, Pet Cash, Free Coins and More Snow Games