Even though Big Win Soccer is an iPhone game, and it comes from TriplePoint client Hothead Games, it would be too hotheaded to actually play soccer with the iPhone itself. I’m pretty sure your warranty does not cover that. Instead, according to an announcement made today, you can download an app for free that’ll let you watch other players kicking things around, while you manage them from the sidelines, and occasionally give them artificial performance boosts. I wouldn’t ordinarily recommend that, either, but in this instance it’s okay.
From the press release:
Independent game developer Hothead Games welcomes you to the world stage of accessible football fun with the launch of Big Win Soccer for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
CREATE your own unique dream team, COMPETE against opponents from around the world, WATCH your team battle it out on the pitch, BOOST your player’s passing, shooting, dribbling and other skills and get ready to hoist the Daily Trophy for the ultimate BIG WIN!
Again — playing soccer on iPhone: Good. Playing soccer with iPhone: Probably pretty bad.
- Pro Zombie Soccer For iPhone Just in Time For World Cup
- Wash the Dog & Level Up in Epic Win for iPhone
- Finger Balance & Volley Soccer – iPhone Game Reviews
- Two Fresh iPhone Games From Oceanside: World Soccer Go! and MyDinos Go!
- Party on Pardner: Big Buck Hunter Pro iPhone Game Gets Pass-to-Play Multiplayer