It’s been a rocky, dramatic road for PopCap, bringing the PC hit Plants vs. Zombies to the iPhone. Several delays and thousands of disappointed fans later, the company has finally succeeded in bringing the game to users everywhere as the game is finally available in the App Store.
When looking at the game’s very reasonable price tag of $2.99, you might initially fear this is some stripped-down version of the PC original, but you would be wrong, as the iPhone version packs the same punch in terms of depth of content as the original, providing for both an elaborate Adventure Mode and an additional Quick Play Mode.
This isn’t just a simple port; although the tower defense gameplay remains unchanged, the game has been created with optimized touch controls and a stationary play area (no scrolling necessary), making it the seemingly perfect app for iPhone gamers.
“We’ve stayed true to the original computer version with the full-featured gameplay of Adventure mode, and we’ve optimised this adaptation around a seamless touch interface,” says PopCap’s director of mobile platforms Andrew Stein (as reported by CasualGaming.biz). “Plus, we’ve added great content, including the new Quick Play Arena which allows easy replay of any level after completing the Adventure mode, and more than a dozen achievements to reward successful completion of in-game challenges.”
- PopCap Details Plants Vs. Zombies HD for iPad
- Be a Redneck, Fight Zombies – Tucker Ray In: Rednecks vs. Zombies Arrives in App Store
- iPhone Game News: We Farm & SimCity Deluxe Released, MJ Zombie Removed from Plants vs Zombies
- Plants vs. Zombies Becomes Top-Grossing iPhone Launch Ever
- iPhone Version of Plants vs. Zombies Now Set for a February Release