Are you a movie fan? Are you also a fan of one million dollars? BITE Interactive (TriplePoint client) has the app for you: The Red Carpet, released today for the iPhone, mixes Oscar season with social networking, and has a $1 million prize up for grabs, to boot.
That prize won’t come easily, however. Once you’ve purchased The Red Carpet for $2.99 and registered, you have until March 7th to submit your predictions for the Academy Award winners. Correctly pick all 24 televised winners, and you’ve got the grand prize of $1 million (which will be split in the case of multiple winners).
While you wait for the envelopes to be opened by this year’s smiling celebrities, though, The Red Carpet has plenty of other movie-related features to pass the time. Keep up with a constant stream of Oscar news, write your own reviews of the nominated films and share them on your Facebook or Twitter account, and even pass on your ratings to your Netflix account for improved movie recommendations.
- Red Carpet iPhone App Reveals A-List Celebs Trailing Underdogs in 2010 Oscar Race
- FAME! Movie Awards Week Bringing Oscar Buzz to PetVille
- Help Decide the Winners of FarmVille’s Hay Bale Art Contest
- FreeAppADay Passes 1 Million Visitors, 2 Million Downloads
- FarmVille Celebrates Crunchie Award Win with Special Statue, Reaches 10 Million Fans