Remember those “choose your own adventure” novels from your childhood? Those silly storybooks that had you choosing which of two or three options you’d like the game’s main character to take? “You come across a mysterious box. Do you open it or do you leave it be?” Depending on the answer you chose, you’d be taken to a different part of the story, where you either failed the adventure miserably or were able to continue on to the next step.
As reported by Mashable, that same sort of system has been added to Twitter, thanks to Jonah Peretti, best known as the co-founder of BuzzFeed.
The adventure takes place through tweets and lots of bit.ly links, with your first option being whether to accept the task of saving the world, or taking a vacation. You can see where the adventure leads by clicking on this link.
- Checking-In With Check-Ins: Gowalla Still in Race, Foursquare Planning Choose Your Own Adventure?
- You Choose Country Story’s New Animal
- Twitter Getting Territorial with Geo-Tweets
- FishVille Provides Yet Another Easter Egg Hunt to Participate In
- FreeAppADay for 07/01/10: Marbles Multiball 3D – The Castle Adventure