As reported by Wired.com, Oceanhouse Media has adapted the idea of traditional e-books to match with a child’s sensibilities with the release of two Dr. Seuss books, The Cat in the Hat, and Dr. Seuss’ ABC, as apps on the iPhones App Store.
Both apps are available for $3.99 each, and come with the option to have the app read the story to your child, or simply allow them to read it at their own pace. Touch controls allow you to turn the pages, and when using the automatic reader, sound effects play along with the story’s action.
The apps become even more child friendly by highlighting the current word being spoken by the reader, and by panning around the scene, zooming in on pictures to help the child keep up with the story’s progression.
To pick up either of these eBooks for yourself, head over to iTunes using our handy links. Also be sure to check out the following trailer to get a better idea of what your child can look forward to once they get their hands on the apps.
- Oceanhouse Media Releases New Trio of Dr. Seuss iPhone Games
- Eye-Candy for the Casual Gamer: Oceanhouse Releases New Trio of Dr. Seuss eBooks, New Trailer for MicroVolts
- Dr. Seuss eBooks Come to iPad
- Dr. Seuss Apps 50% Off, Atari Announces The UnderGarden – Casual Round-Up
- One Fish, Two Fish & Oh, the Places You’ll Go! Now on iPhone