Welcome to this special Labor Day edition of Mobile Monday Madness! We wrap-up the latest mobile news so you can get on with your Monday. Today, we have the commercial from Microsoft concerning Windows Phone 7 and the release date information for Apple’s iOS 4.
Before the showing of Lawrence of Arabia at London’s Secret Cinema event, Microsoft debuted the commercial for Windows Phone 7 that clearly states that “The Revolution is Coming.” What this exactly means, we’re not sure but it’s very interesting to see at least. Windows Phone 7 only launched in a few months or so, so it’s not surprising to see the advertising campaigns begin.
Here is the commercial if you want to see it for yourself:
Now, what do you think of this “Revolution”? Tell us what you think this means in the comments section below, we’d love to hear from you!
Looks like Apple may have let this one slip over the weekend but the UK Apple site was showing the 4.1 software update as coming on Wednesday, September 8th. The US and UK sites are both now showing just simply “Coming Soon” with no additional information being added.
Just to recap, 4.1 comes with a plethora of new features including Game Center, Ping, HDR Photos and bug fixes galore both for the iPhone 4 and the slowness of the iPhone 3G under iOS 4.0. If you’d like more details on iOS 4.1, be sure to check out our detailed coverage of Apple’s event that took place last week.
We’ll keep you posted when iOS 4.1 releases this Wednesday (if this turns out to be true).
- Windows Phone 7 Apps & Sony Mocking iGames – Mobile Monday Madness
- Windows Phone 7 Launch Rumors & R2-D2 Droid 2 Details – Mobile Monday Madness
- Facebook NOT Building a Phone & Latest comScore Recap: Mobile Monday Madness
- Slide to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, Droid Getting Android 2.2 This Week, Your Phone As A Credit Card: Mobile Monday Madness!
- Windows Phone 7 Looking to be an Entertainment Powerhouse