For those who like to take some time each day to visit and help their friends’ restaurants in Restaurant City, you’ll quickly notice a new feature that Playfish has released in the game. Now, after you help your friends by putting out fires, stopping water leaks or thieving penguins (and so on), you’ll have the chance to randomly come across a Mystery Crate.
These crates can be thought of in the same way as either the lost wallets and purses of Easter Eggs which have been found previously in the game. You’ll find a crate in your friend’s restaurant and will have the option of posting a news item directly to their wall alerting them to your discovery.
Each crate is locked and contains a pair of like items or ingredients. When you post the crate to their wall, you are inviting your friend to open it, receiving one of the items inside. If they choose to, they can return the favor by posting a news item directly to your wall, thanking you for alerting them to your discovery, and thus giving you the other half of the paired items.
So long as you have friends that don’t mind receiving posts directly on their wall, this is a great, free way to earn extra ingredients and items in the game, so make sure you visit all of your neighbors for a chance at finding these crates.
- PetVille Enchanted Mystery Crates Contain Costly “Magical Treasures”
- Wings & Things: Animated New Mystery Crates Arrive, PetVille Players Curious for PetCash
- Mission Tab Available, Mystery Animal Crates Return – FrontierVille Updates!
- Mystery Crates, General Storesplosion, & More – FrontierVille Updates!
- PetVille Animated Tails: Chameleon Color Mystery Crates and More