From Rock Hippo Productions comes MicroVolts, a new free-to-play multiplayer online third-person shooter. The game is based around a simple premise – for years, while we humans sleep, our action figures have been coming to life and waging an all-out war against one another. Now, we can join in the fight by taking on the role of one of these action figures, and work our way through the competition to become champion of the Micro World (the Micro World consisting of a human’s desktop, counter, or any other otherwise ordinary place, just from the perspective of a figure that’s only a few inches tall).
There are four prototype characters in the world – Naomi, Knox, Pandora and C.H.I.P. Naomi is a model anime figure, Knox is a hip-hop figure, Pandora is the evil rebel figure, and C.H.I.P. is a robot of sorts.
Using both ranged and melee weaponry (ranging from folding shovels and grenade launchers to bazookas and shotguns), you’ll do battle against other real world players in a Player Vs. Player environment. Characters can enter rooms on the fly, and you’ll be able to track your number of kills by looking at the usernames in the top left corner of the screen.
MicroVolts will be entering into closed beta in the near future. If you’d like a chance at being one of the few that help in the game’s development, head over to the game’s official website for more information. Before you go, though, check out the gameplay screens and new trailer below.
- Eye-Candy for the Casual Gamer: Oceanhouse Releases New Trio of Dr. Seuss eBooks, New Trailer for MicroVolts
- Elementary! The New Adventures of Sherlock Holmes Revealed with Screenshots
- Portal 2 Co-Op Trailer, Haunted House Screenshots – Casual Gaming Round-Up
- Eye-Candy for the Casual Gamer: Bakugan: Defenders of the Core Trailer, Blade Kitten Screenshots
- Eye Candy for the Casual Gamer: New Kung-Fu LIVE Trailer, Karaoke Revolution Glee Screenshots