Touch Arcade has some news that should excite fans of the classic point-and-click adventure title Myst, as they’ve found a post on the official Myst Online forums that confirms that the game’s sequel Riven will also be making its way to the iPhone in the future – make that the near future, or “early summer at the latest.”
For those who have played Myst, Riven is set immediately after the first game’s events, and continues in the series’ fantastic puzzles and immersive plot.
Unfortunately, while the news of a Riven port to the iPhone is exciting, it looks like that’s where the franchise’s transition will end, due to problems that the forum post says are attributable to “technology issues and licensing.”
We’ll be sure to pass along more information about Riven’s move to the iPhone as it becomes available.
- This is the Only Level TOO: Armor Games Intrigues Again with Flash Hit Sequel
- iPhone & iPad Game News: Plants vs. Zombies Sequel, Fruit Ninja HD, Pocket Frogs
- BREAKING NEWS: NPD: Android Overtakes iPhone in the USA
- iBomber Sales Top 1.5m; Sequel in Development
- iPhone Hit Fruit Ninja Sells 1 Million Copies