A lot of people are wondering whether or not their phones they just bought or are going to buy will get the latest software update, and with Android, the latest is 2.2, or Froyo. HTC has commented on whether or not their 2010 line of Android phones will see Froyo anytime soon. They can confirm that the following phones will receive Froyo sometime this year: Droid Incredible, Desire, EVO 4G, the MyTouch Slide and any other unannounced models.
While no date was given, HTC promises the update in the “second half of this year.” Their official statement reads:
“if your phone was launched this year, we will most likely offer an upgrade for it to the Froyo version. This includes popular models like the Desire and Droid Incredible as well as hotly anticipated phones like the Evo 4G, MyTouch slide and upcoming models. We will announce a full list of phones and dates once we are closer to launching the upgrades. We are working closely with Google and our other partners to ensure we have the earliest access to everything we need to provide a complete and solid Sense experience on Froyo. We expect to release all updates in the second half of this year but can’t be more specific yet.”
- HTC Droid Incredible The Next Big Android Phone?
- Creative Incredible Commercials & Incredible Froyo – Android News
- Target Mobile Rolling Out, Incredible Receives Froyo Today – Mobile News
- Android News Wrap-Up: EVO Froyo Update, App Extensions, How To Talk To Your Phone
- US Nexus Ones Now Being Updated With Froyo (Android 2.2)