Welcome to this edition of Mobile Monday Madness! We wrap-up the latest mobile news so you can get on with your Monday. Today, we’re taking a look at the newest Verizon iPhone rumors (they seem unescapable these days) and the release of the Sony Xperia X10 in the US on AT&T.
More evidence is mounting that the iPhone could land on Verizon as soon as January, according to VentureBeat. Sources have reported that Apple has placed orders for new Qualcomm chips that use the CDMA protocol. That’s significant simply because the protocol AT&T users is GSM and thusly uses only GSM chips in the current iPhone. Verizon does use the CDMA protocol, so this could mean that Apple is stocking up on CDMA chips set to be delivered in December for a January launch.
Apple has never bought CDMA chips from Qualcomm before, so this definitely could mean that the iPhone could be headed for Big Red in January. As for now, we’ll just have to wait and see if anything significant comes from these latest findings.
Engadget says simply “It’s about time” and it really is for the Xperia X10 from Sony Ericsson. The device was rumored to be released on AT&T in November of last year, which shows just how long the device’s US release has been in limbo.
On August 15th, the device will launch and be available for purchase. Sporting a 4-inch display, a 1Ghz processor, 8.1 megapixel camera and 8GB of onboard memory, the X10 looks to be another Android hit here in the US. Unfortunately, the X10 is still currently only using Android 1.6 which is out-of-date by nearly a year. Here’s hoping they update that soon. The Xperia X10 will run you $149.99 at your local AT&T store.
- Windows Phone 7 Apps & Sony Mocking iGames – Mobile Monday Madness
- Windows Phone 7 Launch Rumors & R2-D2 Droid 2 Details – Mobile Monday Madness
- Slide to Jailbreak Your iPhone 4, Droid Getting Android 2.2 This Week, Your Phone As A Credit Card: Mobile Monday Madness!
- Two New iPhones: 1 for AT&T, 1 for Verizon
- Mobile Monday Madness: Jailbreaking Now Legal, Nexus One Going Super LCD, iPhone 4 Expanding Release