Kongregate, a web-based gaming service, has announced that its revenue from virtual items has increased by 30%. This is not so surprising because the same thing happened last month, and the month before that too. While no specific dollar amount was mentioned, the company did mention that it now encompasses one-third of their overall revenue.
While the service Kongregate provides, titled Konduit is free, players have the option of purchasing virtual items to help them along in the game and has helped to make up for the diminishing ad revenue which is what is traditionally done on these types of platforms.
- Virtual Goods Generate 1.6 Billion – New Payments Solutions Make It Even Easier to Purchase Goods
- Virtual Goods and The New Digital Retail Revolution
- New Virtual Goods Rewards Program from Offerpal Media
- Virtual Goods are Taking Off With Hardcore Gamers Too
- Free Facebook Credits from PayNearMe: Buy Virtual Goods with Cash