How much time do you spend playing GeoDefense and Edge? Well, how often do you play them? Where are you when you play them? These questions and more are of some concern to Flurry and comScore, a mobile analytics firm and web market researcher, respectively. According to VentureBeat, the two companies will be combining their analytical might to determine everything there is to know about how you use apps on your mobile device.
Covering app usage on the iPhone, Android, and Blackberry platforms, this data should provide a goldmine of knowledge both to developers and marketers. Numbers regarding app purchases and market penetration for smart phones is widely available, but specific app usage is far more difficult to track, presently.
So long as specific app usage isn’t tied to user names, I think it will all be all right. I don’t need anybody to know how long I’ve been stuck on level 13 of Fantastic Contraption.
- Mobile Monday Madness: Google App Inventor, Apple Class Action Suit Approved, New comScore Stats
- Amount of Mobile Gamers Declining, While Usage Increases
- Mobile App Market Continues to Grow
- Apple Buys Mobile Ad Company; App Developers to Gain More Access to Ad Tech?
- Facebook NOT Building a Phone & Latest comScore Recap: Mobile Monday Madness