Do you think 7 billion applications is a lot? Well, that’s how many mobile apps were downloaded by you in 2009. How about 50 billion? GetJar, a company that hosts a mobile app store commissioned a study that estimated 50 billion mobile apps will be sold in 2012. All things and calculations considered, they also estimate that the whole market of mobile apps will be worth 17.5 million dollars.
What will cause the rapid growth of apps? More powerful mobile phones and apps, and the lower price from 2 dollars per app down to 1.5 dollars in 2012. With numbers like these, one does have to question whether or not the desktop computer has mass viability in the future.
- Mobile App Pricing: It’s On!
- Apple Buys Mobile Ad Company; App Developers to Gain More Access to Ad Tech?
- Mobile App Usage to be Measured by Flurry and comScore
- Google App Updated & Motorola Froyo News: Mobile Monday Madness
- Mobile Monday Madness: Google App Inventor, Apple Class Action Suit Approved, New comScore Stats