Microsoft Showcases Cross-Platform Gaming

Mon, Mar 8, 2010

Industry, Mobile

A demonstration shown at TechEd Middle East shows just how the cross platform integration is expected to work with the newly announced Windows Phone 7 Series along with Xbox and Windows. The announcement that this type of integration was coming dates back to 2006 so it is nice to see it come to fruition.

The nicest part of the demonstration is that the game will run across all three platforms and apparently about 90% of the code is the same across all three platforms. The remaining 10% is only required to make sure it runs on the unique platform it will be played on. Of course this comes with the needed support of Xbox controller, phone touchscreen or keyboard and mouse for Windows. The cross platform ability also includes a one save policy meaning you could stop playing a game on the Xbox, pick it up on the way to work and then come home and finish it on your Windows PC. Very cool.

I have attached the video showing Indiana Jones which takes advantage of this technology.

Be Sociable, Share!

Related posts:

  1. The Latest Cross-Platform Gaming Company: SiXiTS
  2. Namco’s UniteSDK Allows for Cross-Platform Gaming
  3. GamersGate Adds PC/Mac Bundles for Cross-Platform Games
  4. Sibblingz Social Gaming Platform Goes Anywhere
  5. New Windows Phones to Include Xbox Live
, , ,

This post was written by:

- who has written 807 posts on Frisky Mongoose.

Talor is a Contributing Editor at Frisky Mongoose focusing on the mobile side of the social gaming world.

Contact the author


Warning: Unknown: write failed: No space left on device (28) in Unknown on line 0

Warning: Unknown: Failed to write session data (files). Please verify that the current setting of session.save_path is correct (/tmp) in Unknown on line 0