iPhone app news is already sweeping up the headlines this morning concerning the latest releases along with the latest announcements from prominent app developers. Today, we have the release of Triplepoint Client Softmines’ Bloody Hell along with the announcement of Triplepoint Client Livio Radio’s iPhone app going free.
Livio Car Internet Radio App Goes Free
Livio is known for their premium line of internet radio devices, has released their new iPhone app as a free download. Using this new version, you can listen to a variety of programming options over the air through WiFi or 3G connections. Unlike the rest of the internet radio options available, this app is unique in that it is built specifically for use in the car. Features of this app include:
- FREE access to hundreds of stations immediately
- Search over 42,000 stations – if you find something you like it’s only $4.99 to upgrade for access to additional stations
- Six large programmable preset buttons that enable drivers to tune to their favorite stations.
- View the interface horizontally or vertically depending on how the iPhone is mounted in the vehicle.
- The latest version adds Facebook sharing in addition to Twitter, allowing users to post their favorite stations to their social network feeds.
- Browse available stations by genre, location, language, or through a search function by station call letters or keywords, and find local stations in digital sound quality based on current GPS location.
- Listen to most stations while running other iPhone applications in the background.
- Scan for another station of a similar theme or genre with the swipe of a finger.
This free Livio Car Internet Radio app is available for free in the App Store, along with a premium version for $4.99. If you’d like to check out the app for yourself, you may download it here.
Bloody Hell Launches on iPhone App Store
Softmines’ first iPhone game Bloody Hell is now available on the iTunes App Store for iPhone or iPod Touch. What can best be described as a “fast-paced, bloodthirsty game that puts the player into the shoes of a man hell-bent on taking the ultimate retribution from his adversaries—their deaths. Using a wide variety of weaponry including guns, bombs and nuclear explosions, players can wreak destruction on any and all figures that dare to cross their path.”
Along with the release of the game (which costs 99¢), the developers have launched a promotion for those who buy the game today. If you purchase the game, review it on the App Store, post a status update about it and email them to show you completed this, the developers will give you a $10 iTunes gift card and enter you for a chance to win a free iPod Touch.
Write a review about Bloody Hell for iTunes on launch day Follow Softmines on Facebook and post to your own wall the following message: “I stand a chance to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying the action game ‘Bloody Hell’ for iPhone @softmines for $0.99.”orFollow Softmines on Twitter and tweet the following message: “Follow & RT @softmines to receive a $10 iTunes Gift card by buying Bloody Hell for #iphone for $0.99. Full details http://bit.ly/aCc9I9.” Email Softmines at email@example.com with the following details:
- Your Facebook ID /URL or your Twitter ID/URL
- Your iTunes App Store nickname from which the review was posted
In addition, Softmines will give away one iPod touch to the player with the highest score in the game at 15 days after launch, and a second device to the most helpful review visible on the App Store. These contests will begin on August 10, 2010 and end on August 31, 2010.
If you’d like to download Bloody Hell, run over to the App Store and check it out for yourself.